Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Thomas the tank engine

Thomas the Tank Engine was my favorite growing up but it is quite interesting to see how they have changed going from wooden and model train like figures.
If you did not know the old Thomas the tank engine, the shows were actually shot with real model trains and the eyes were done via a Remote control.
I remember going to the Strasburg railroad PA for the day out with Thomas.
It was my favorite as I always was so eager to just run out of the car and go say hi to Thomas. This of course was when I was younger. I loved spending lots of time in the Thomas the Tank Engine gift shop, so many things there to buy. There was also a Thomas the Tank Engine gift shop above this place called the choo-choo barn.
if you don't know, in Strausburg, there is a place called the choo-choo barn and this place has a little model railroad layout inside of it. It's almost like a little strip mall as it has a restaurant on the far right side and on the far left side is the choo-choo barn and in the middle there is a little candy shop and upstairs there is the Thomas the tank engine gift shop. It wasn't really a gift shop per say, it was more of a little store and now they have a model train shop set up in a part of the store.
I always dreamed of driving Thomas the tank engine and becoming an engineer. I know a lot about trains and I think God has given me this gift because he knew I had a knack for them. I can fix model trains, I can work with them, and I can rebuild them. I will be honest, I still do listen to some of the old Thomas the Tank Engine videos and you really can't blame me because of all the stuff on TV now is so stupid. TVs not getting any better and watching the old videos kind of gives you an idea of what tv was like. God has blessed me with such an incredible gift and I want to give all the praise and glory to God because like I had said he is blessed me with such an incredible gift and he's always there for me. Sometimes I get upset and I get sad and it seems like he's not there but he always is and when in doubt I read 
Isaiah 41:10 "fear not I am with you being out of dismayed for I am your God I will strengthen you I will help you I will uphold you with the right hand of my righteousness". 

1 comment:

  1. Amazing post. Thomas and God together. Real nice. I liked the scripture tie-in with fear and God always being there. Good job

    ReplyDelete